Saturday 14 July 2007

Technorati is broken or just useless?

Well, technorati seems to not like my blog, it claims I haven't published any new content in 176days! That's dispite me pinging them when I made new posts for the first few weeks of blogging. After that I gave up and moved on to other pinging services that seem to actually work! My favorites being Blog flux and ping-goat, I do alternate between each of these, but they ping all the major search engines and give a report over each ping and whether it was successful. Funny thing is, both respond saying that the ping to technorati was successful, yet they don't seem to update!

3 comments:

Trix said...

Poor Roo, technorati doesnt like you either. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog at http://jesseblogs.blogspot.com I appreciate it.I think you and me will definatly need to do some technorati rants , hey ? Stay well, and good luck with your blog, which is great, by the way!
Jesse

Mike Perry said...

You are not alone!

I had no problem with Technorati until about 3 weeks ago. I can only think I've been blacklisted for some unknown reason.

When clicking on my blog name on Technorati it now says 'no such blog'.

I've sent them an email but no response. It seems to be a common problem - unfortunately.

Thanks for your comment on my blog and your thoughts on promoting Amazon - most helpful.

Best wishes,
Mike.

EelKat said...

I too have had problems with Tech. I run 32 differant blogs from various blog hosts, and they only even acknowlege 11 of them! Even though I have signed them all up, and ping them, they still don't update.

When I first joined Tech. it was great. They drove a lot of traffic to my early blogs, but then again, Tech was still new back than. Now they have millions of users and blogs to ping. I think they have gotten to big for their servers. They never drive traffic to my blogs anymore, and rarely do they update, even though I ping them. I look for them to shut down or make a major update soon, as I don't see they have any other choice.